Logo Hotel Erbaluce

Back

Mazzè Castle
Via Castello 10
10035 Mazzè (TO)
tel: 011 983.52.50

www.castellodimazze.it
info@castellodimazze.it

ParcoSala

Castello di Mazzè

Castello di Mazzè

The monumental complex was built in XII century over the roman ruins called Castrum Pontem Copacij. The small castle was rebuilt in XIV century as the house of the master, and still it remains. The bigger one, built in XV century as a military quarter, changed after the renaissance period in entertainment and guest residence.

Count of Valperga family lived here since XII until XIX century; Brunetta d'Usseaux family lived in from 1850 to 1919; Count Eugenio Brunetta d'Usseaux, while living through Mazzè, Turin and Paris, was the founder of the italian Olympic movement and first general secretary of international Olympic games. The present owner has saved the monument from abandonment of the second half of sixties period.

Through the centuries the castle has seen several important personalities: king Vittorio Emanuele II di Savoia, Count of Cavour, Zar Nicola II, Count Brunetta d'Usseaux, Francesco De Sanctis, Benito Mussolini. (see also guests section).

The Castle is mainly a Monument and a Museum: it offers three visitable itineraries: guided tour to noble court (big castle), the prison and underground torture museum, the natural reserve of the wood-park on Dora Baltea river.

Daily castle's rental is also possible for Gala Cerimonies, Marriage Events, Meetings and Exclusive Wedding Parties.

OPENING TIME:
From 02.30 pm to 09.00 pm
Last admission 5.00 pm


PRICES:
Euro 12.00 per persone
Euro 6.00 children till 12 years old

THE RATE INCLUDES:
Castle entrance
Guided Tour
Wine Taste

Museo delle TortureMuseo delle Torture Museo delle TortureMuseo delle Torture

Logo Hotel Erbaluce

Back